The uniform of
Barcaldine Prep-12 State School is an issue of respect and safety. The P&C
fully endorse the green and gold school uniform. The following are uniform
regulations for our school.
- Students not wearing the appropriate uniform will be required to provide a note explaining why. A text message will be sent home to parents and any students who consistently wear the incorrect uniform will be required to either:
- Change into a uniform provided by the school office (for the day) or
- Have the correct uniform brought to the school for them to change into.
Continual refusal to follow the school uniform policy will result in an interview with parents/carers to discuss the situation.
- Green/Gold Polo Shirt with school emblem.
- Black Ruggers/Poly Cotton shorts, tailored shorts and/or skorts.
- Bottle green/black wide brimmed hat or school logo hat which is available for purchase through P&C.
- Black tracksuit pants and bottle green/black jumpers in winter.
- White socks to be worn with school uniform.
- Students are required to wear closed in shoes at all times due to Workplace Health and Safety regulations.
- Students are to wear appropriate black lace up or velcro footwear, with white socks. School socks should be the standard sock and not ankle socks (that are not visible).
- In Secondary, appropriate black footwear is leather, as this is a requirement for practical subjects such as ITD, Home Economics, Art, Science and Agriculture.
The only jewellery a
student is allowed to wear is a:
What is not permitted
- Inappropriate wording/pictures on any clothing (applies to free dress days and sports days).
- Thongs, scuffs or ugg boots.
- Any jewellery that dangles or protrudes, necklaces and bracelets.
- Flannelette shirts and jackets, and denim shorts and jeans.
- Caps and visors.
- Make-up and nail polish.
- Any piercing that protrudes from the body, for example, lip rings, eye brows or ear stretchers and ear ring extensions.