Barcaldine Prep-12 State School is committed to educating and empowering all students to succeed through their curiosity for learning. Barcaldine Prep-12 State School is committed to providing a connected, protected and respected learning environment for students and staff, where students have the opportunity to engage in quality learning experiences and acquire values supportive of their lifelong wellbeing.
Embedded in our beliefs about quality education, excellence, care and partnerships lie six key principles:
- Attitude – towards work and others – being positive – trying your best – doesn't mean you will always get things right the first time, but you will not give up. Being accountable for your actions, resolve differences in constructive, and peaceful ways, and contribute to society.
- Application – sustained effort and hard work – leading to growth outcomes, being accountable for the time allocated to each task.
- Communication – building clear and consistent processes – boosting confidence and appreciation – act in accordance with moral and ethical conduct.
- Connection – inspiring strong relationships and connections with each other, the learning environment and the curriculum to engage students and enhance a sense of belonging between teaching and learning within our school and community.
- Effort – positive participation in activities – physical and mental activities are required to achieve a purpose.
- Inclusion – access to opportunities and resources for all – engagement in the same facilities, activities, and experiences, including different perspectives into everyday teaching opportunities (culture, disability, sexual identity).